Donation Support Button

Monday, February 6, 2012

VETTING THE 2012 SUPERBOWL BATTLESHIP MOVIE TRAILER

What on earth, or in space, was I watching in this trailer! Battleship? Based on the board game that has been around since before I was born (1959)? Battleship? With aliens and special effects that looks like Transformers reject footage? Battleship? The game I have played a thousand times with my brother or friends over my lifetime? I have NEVER, NEVER, NEVER once thought I was blasting aliens when I was playing the board game Battleship! NEVER!

I hate movie makers who decide that they know better than the millions of people that have played this game, or read that book, or enjoyed that comic book, or loved that idea. To take a concept and destroy it like this movie will bastardize Battleship... I will not pay a dime to see this movie and support such nonsense. Perfect case in point... the lame ass, unnecessary 2011 remake/re-whatever of THE THING! John Carpenter's 80s version is the perfect horror movie that holds up 98% to this day! Why attempt to remake perfection? I will NEVER watch the 2011 bastard version of THE THING!

Battleship? How about two battleships stationed in the Strait of Hormuz! One American and the other Iranian! The winner takes the ultimate stakes… America takes Iran’s oil if it destroys the Iranian battleship, or America immediately gets the hell out of the middle east if Iran wins the battle! Goddamn it! I would be right there sitting in the theater seat rooting on the USA!

Aliens in my Battleship? Bullshit!

No comments:

Post a Comment